Wednesday, August 27, 2014

HWP: Prayer to St. Monica

Today is the feast of St. Monica, that great woman of faith whose prayers converted her husband and her son, St. Augustine, to the Catholic faith and the promise of eternal life. The patroness of mothers, we invoke her intercession today to be the parents we are called to be and may we see our prayers bear the fruit of holy children, grandchildren, godchildren, and spiritual children, as we pray...

A Prayer to St. Monica
O Lord, Who taught Monica to persevere for the good of her family, help me to be a better parent to my children. Help me to have patience with them when they misbehave and give me the strength to guide them gently to the right path. Permit me always to forgive their misdeeds and keep me from speaking harshly or punishing unwisely. Please help me to be a beacon of goodness for them as they grow to adulthood and to be a good example to them in all that I say and do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment