Wednesday, May 22, 2013

HWP: St. Rita of Cascia

Today is the feast of St. Rita of Cascia, a great saint of the Church who was a spouse, mother, and later in life an Augustinian Nun. Both during and after her life miracles were known to take place through her intercession and she is known to be especially powerful in 'desperate cases' and 'impossible causes'. My sister wasn't particularly amused though when I suggested St. Rita as her confirmation saint because she was the patroness of impossible causes...Anywho, she is a powerful intercessor and for that reason I have posted a prayer to her as the HWP for today. Pray well!

Prayer to St. Rita

Holy Patroness of those in need, Saint Rita, so humble, pure and patient, whose pleading with thy Divine Spouse are irresistible, obtain for me from thy Crucified Christ my request (mention it here). Be kind to me, for the greater glory of God, and I promise to honor thee and to sing thy praises forever. 

Oh glorious St. Rita, who didst miraculously participate in the sorrowful Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ, obtain for me the grace to suffer with resignation the troubles of this life, and protect me in all my needs. Amen.

If you're interested in learning more, there is a nice book and movie on her life:
            

No comments:

Post a Comment