Wednesday, February 27, 2013

HWP: The Memorare

For today's prayer we have the simple and beautiful prayer The Memorare, a prayer commending ourselves to Our Lady's loving maternal care. Our Blessed Mother is ever-attentive to our needs and concerns, as a loving mother is, and so it is with joy that she hears from us, her children, the things of our hearts as she brings them quickly to the Heart of her Son. 

The Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, 
that never was it known 
that anyone who fled to thy protection, 
implored thy help, 
or sought thy intercession 
was left unaided. 
Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you, 
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; 
to thee do I come, before thee I stand, 
sinful and sorrowful. 
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, 
despise not my petitions but in thy mercy, 
hear and answer me. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment