Wednesday, January 16, 2013

HWP: Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

Things around the parish have been a bit crazy, to put it nicely. In addition to the many other things going on currently, we've also had now eight deaths in nine days, which is difficult to handle as a priest but even more difficult for a community to endure, as so many have had someone close to them die so recently - and often times multiple people. It has been said that in battle the most common person called for by the wounded soldiers was 'mama'. Something in us longs for our mother when we ache because we know they can make it all better. So in the midst of so many spiritual struggles, why not call upon our spiritual mother, Mama Mary...


Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope,
look upon me in this time of disquiet and weakness.
Still my restless spirit, teach my searching heart to know
that God's love for me is unchanging and that the suffering
which He may will for me now is to draw me closer to Him.
Let thy gentle peace and His - which the world cannot give -
be always with me, that I may be sanctified: and then:
I beseech thee for the grace to bring this peace to others.
Jesus, My Savior, I give myself entirely to Thee through Mary:
Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. It shouldn't be to crazy, now should it? Your Father Brent, after all! Haha. :)

    It's great to see Priests busy at their work for the salvation of souls. I would come help if I could, but I'm not a Priest. And never will be! Not to mention your waaayyyy to far. But I can pray for you, of course. :) God bless, Father Brent. :)

    "After God, the Priest is everything." ~St. John Vianney

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete